How to apply to be a Studio Artist
Studio 2 and 5 now available!
When a studio becomes available, details and an application form will be available on this website. If you have any questions about the Artists Studios, please call Ross Farnell on 9754 8723.
The fees of Burrinja Artist Studios have been set at affordable rates for new and developing arts enterprises, and are based upon the size of the office/studio to be occupied.
Rates range from $68 to $90 per week before GST, depending on the size of the space.
The monthly fee covers:
- Access to a lockable office/studio/work-space, on monthly tenancy terms
- Fixed lighting
- Air conditioning
- Regular cleaning of all public areas
- Access from 7am to midnight, seven days per week
- Shared kitchen facilities
- Listing on Burrinja web site
- Use of a variety of Centre equipment
- Support and advice from the Centre Manager (Executive Officer)
- Interaction/networking opportunities with other tenants
- The option to install telephone lines at tenant's cost
- Easy-in/easy-out terms mean that no long-term commitments or large up-frontt ooiipayments are required
Tenants are responsible for
- Compulsory Public Liability Insurance. (Excellent rates are available through Regional Arts Victoria)
- Provision of own furniture and equipment.
- Cleaning of own premises, emptying of own waste bins.
- Promotion and marketing of your art business is up to you. We will help where we can and when appropriate.
- Phone installation plus rental and calls should you opt to install land line/s.
- Keeping kitchens and common areas clean and tidy.
- Keeping rental payments up-to-date