Theatre Patron Information
Conditions of Entry
- For the safety of all patrons, it is a condition of entry that you follow any instructions issued by Burrinja staff.
- Burrinja is a smoke free venue.
- Patrons may not bring alcohol into the venue. Any alcohol must be purchased from or provided by the licensed Café/foyer bar and consumed within the venue. Alcohol will not be served to minors, to adults supplying a minor or to persons judged to be inebriated. An inebriated person will not be permitted to enter or remain on the premises.
Inside The Theatre
- All patrons must have a valid ticket for entry into the theatre and must sit in a designated seat during the performance.
- Sitting or standing in the aisles or access ways is not permitted at any time during the performance.
- No food or drinks are permitted in the Burrinja Theatre. You are able to take drinks into the Black Box Studio.
- We will always aim to begin performances at the scheduled time. To avoid distracting audiences and performers, latecomers will not be admitted to the theatre until a suitable break in the program.
- The use of cameras, video cameras and other recording devices is NOT permitted during performances. Exceptions sometimes apply and will be announced before the commencement of the performance.
- To ensure an enjoyable experience for all visitors and no distractions for our performers, we ask all patrons to ensure they turn off or mute all mobile phones, pagers, chiming watches, alarms and all other electronic devices before entering the Theatre.
Babes in Arms / Children
- Babes in arms under 24 months will be admitted free of charge provided they are seated on a parents lap.
- Prams and pushers are not permitted in the Theatre. However, we will happily store them while you attend one of our performances. Please ask one of our friendly staff members for assistance.
- Except where a show's content requires specific restrictions, children are welcome to attend a general public or adults' performance at the discretion of a parent or responsible adult, however a ticket must be purchased and a seat will be allocated for each child.
- Patrons are asked to be considerate of the enjoyment of other patrons at all times.
- The Duty Manager reserves the right to ask a person to leave if their conduct disrupts other patrons.